TLYC Vlog Episode 12 West Cork for the Soul Show Notes
Welcome to Episode 12 - all things Banshee Yarns, knits, Woollinn and, of course, Ravelry!
Beware a spoiler at about 49:30 minutes of the Dye Candy yarn from her collaboration with Sam of Sam Draws Things!
Banshee Yarns is live
The website: https://bansheeyarns.co.uk
The yarn is available here: http://www.theloveliestyarncompany.co.uk/knitting-yarn/yarn-brand/banshee-yarns
- - A skein of Banshee Yarns Cashmere Lace: http://www.theloveliestyarncompany.co.uk/knitting-yarn/yarn-brand/banshee-yarns/banshee-yarns-cashmere-lace
- - Pattern on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kirsty-shawl
- - Yarn – one or two skeins of Banshee Yarns Silky Singles (sample on the Podcast is 2 skeins): http://www.theloveliestyarncompany.co.uk/knitting-yarn/yarn-brand/banshee-yarns/banshee-yarns-silky-singles
- - Print pattern: http://www.theloveliestyarncompany.co.uk/yarn-and-blarney-skipping-pebbles
- - Ravelry pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skipping-pebbles-shawl
Knit with just 3 inches of leg
Knit Hatty pattern: http://www.theloveliestyarncompany.co.uk/blog/Knit-hatty-dk-free-pattern/
Bloggers & vloggers
- Hey Brown Berry: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownBerry75
- Grace from Babbles Travelling Yarn: https://www.youtube.com/user/vanawillemeil
- Woollinn themselves http://woollinn.com/2019-in-pictures/
(If you have other favourites you’d like me to share)
Some new to me lovely things:
Cross & Woods https://www.crossandwoods.com
Eve Chambers https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EveChambersTextiles
Hide & Hammer https://www.hideandhammer.co.uk
- - Crookhaven & Barley Cove
- - Moll’s Gap, Gap of Dunloe & Avoca
- - Baltimore, West Cork
- - West Cork Whale Watching
Our shows for the rest of the year
- - Yarningham
- - Fibre East
- - Pop Up Wool Show
- - Southern Wool Show
- - Perth Yarn Festival
- - Yarndale
- - The Knitting & Stitching Show, Ally Pally
- - Nottingham Yarn Expo
7 Day Sock Challenge: Coming Soon!
The Loveliest Yarn Company and Banshee Yarns stand with Ravelry.
See the details here: https://www.ravelry.com/content/no-trump
And because I’m an elephant in a glass shop:
On ‘Bad Countries’ in South America, that is a clumsy reference to the situation in Venezuela and drug wars in other countries that are making refugees and migrants of their people. I am so sorry if I have caused offence – I am minus-qualified on geopolitical issues.