Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. The editors cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life. Their intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling. We are delighted to have it on our shelves here at The Loveliest Yarn Company.
Issue 6 contains 12 beautiful knitting patterns, for both advanced, adventurous knitters as well as beginners. They feature lace and colourwork, cables and bobbles and different textured stitch patterns. We have an interesting mixture of more rustic yarns and drapey merinos, alpacas and cashmere. Different yarn weights are also put to good use, with thicker yarns and needles used both for intricate, detailed patterns and quicker knits.
Issue 6 was shot in Iceland in August 2018. The rugged landscapes are present throughout the issue, both to serve as inspiration and to provide the most stunning backdrop for the beautiful designs.
Laine Autumn/Winter 2018 features:
- 138 pages uncoated, high-quality paper
- 12 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated
- A portrait of Nancy Marchant
- An interview with Hélène Magnússon
- “My Story” from Manos del Uruguay
- A Q&A with Kristin Ford, owner of Woolfolk
- Seasonal recipes
- A travel guide to Reykjavik featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop